Dec 16, 2025

WEEDING AND LEADING (Housecleaning and Mundane Series)

Sunday is the neighborhood clean-up day, when "everyone" will be going to the nearby Temple to weed the yard - mostly to get it ready for the fall festival. I feel funny about doing weeding work at the Temple 7-8 AM then leaving for church to sit at the feet of a God Who HATES idolatry. I don't want to look self-righteous and judgmental but don't want to convey a pragmatic hypocrisy either in my disloyalty to Love - I think it's called "uwaki" (an affair) so was wondering about what to do when...

I burned myself. It was with a lid of a pot. Almost seemed to be God's loud-and-clear "I really don't want you to go." But methinks the burn was light enough to be able to go anyway (er, that is, God seemed to give me the idea to keep it under running water for long periods of time) but enunciate I WILL not go--not CANNOT go--tho' am willing to help w/whatever else is necessary. Lord, give wisdom and a non-obnoxious spirit, but guard me from desire for man's approval and understanding. Oh to be "helpless" in love to be able to think of nothing else than to please thee!

About Sunday's weeding. It turns out I'd misunderstood, again. Altho' the fall festival mentioned in the announcement bears the temple's name, the actual weeding Sunday will be done, not at the Temple, but on the usual open lot! Yes! He'd let me burn myself to let me know how He felt then let it keep from getting bad because He knew it wouldn't be necessary! Thank You, Lord!

I think I want to laugh. The above weeding activity was 9/22. The morning of 9/25, God led me to read Song 8:7, including the words "many waters cannot quench love", mentally tying together BURNING with GOD'S JEALOUS LOVE! Perhaps that wasn't the intent of the passage, but He seemed to whisper it to me with a smile and a wink, and then He seemed to let me hear the echo in my own heart for 8:13, CAUSE ME TO HEAR your voice all the time, dear Jesus!