Sunday morning, I woke up with my back hurting something bad--long, cold nights do that to me sometimes, especially since last year. I keep a heating pad on my mattress, and I turned it on, lay there for a few minutes pondering staying home from church for the day. I'd taken a peek at the weather forecast, showing it would be warm; so I said to myself that God had warm weather waiting "just for me"; I COULDN'T possibly stay home and "let it go to waste"! I didn't know what God had for me but thought it had to be special for all the opposition I was feeling to keep me from going. Walking into the church building, I said, "Okay God; give it to me!"
A few hours later, when I saw Russel Waala come through those church doors--and God had arranged it so I would be the one standing nearest to the door then--I could almost see God smiling! "See June; you THOUGHT you wanted to stay home; I KNEW BETTER! You would've been real sorry if you had!"
* This post is NOT saying people should always fight against physical discomfort and attend church meetings no matter what; I am just relating one experience the Holy Spirit happened to give me that time; I realize there are exceptions!