I'm going to skip a lot of stuff and zero in on something that happened this morning when looking at the wooden wall near the ceiling. I thought I was staring at knotholes, then I realized they were old cobwebs that had snapped, curled into balls, dried up against the wall! I mean, "knotholes" " came off" when wiped! (Some of those "knotholes" MOVED! I realized then they were teeny tiny spiders!) The house was even dirtier than I had thought, and I'd thought it was filthy! I said to myself, isn't that so much like the way I look at my heart? I figure some of the unpleasant things I see are natural results of aging, experiences, temperament...and I realize later they are plain SIN that need to be confessed as much! The heart is dirtier than imagined. Jer. 17:9.
I mentioned they came off when wiped. After I realized what they really were, I started going around the rooms again to take down the "knothole" cobwebs I now knew they were. Ha, ha; can't fool me now! Here comes June, the "Clean Crusader". But one room took me by surprise. The wall was of a rough sandpaper-like texture, so when I "wiped" it, the tangled threads taken off other walls were actually pulled off the mop and lodged on the wall I'd tried to clean! I heard an echo: "YOU CANNOT MANAGE SIN. God knows how to best deal with them. Our part is to admit, confess, forsake. Trying to repress, cover up, belittle, make better, etc..., only makes matters worse. (Later, a vacuum cleaner applied to that wall took care of the problem. It's clean now.) (^_^)