Sep 22, 2025

Devotional JES’ WANTED GRAMMA


Sept. 2, 2021

My daughter wanted to run an errand at the post office and put her baby in a sling and began to get things together she'd need to go, but he started to fuss. She looked at the time, thinking she couldn't feed him now--she had to go--so she fixed up a bottle of formula and asked if I'd feed him while she was gone, putting him down in the crib. I put the bottle up to his mouth, but he refused to open it. That's not how he acts when he's hungry. My daughter saw and laughed. He didn't want milk; he just wanted to talk with Gramma! I put the cap on the bottle and put the bottle on the table and thought I saw my grandson grin. His mommy left, and we had a nice little chat--well, he was gooing, and I was agreeing with all my heart--until he remembered it really was time for his milk. And I gave him his bottle then, which he drank from heartily; but he was a happy baby the whole time his mommy was gone!

I thought of how it would make God feel if HE knew I just wanted to talk with HIM?!