CANCELLED CLASS
"And the tail drew the third part of the stars of the heaven" (Rev. 12:4)
I woke up from a dream in which I'd spent about 4 hrs. a day writing, researching, then hearing, "They cancelled that class." This morning, when I went to do my Quiet Time, that dream seemed so strong and relevant, scripture seemed rather faded, insipid; I almost didn't write it in and wondered if God wanted me to put it off another day.
But when I put pen to paper, it was as if lightning struck through my mind down to this journal's page. All the ambitions, the "I WILL'S" and "mind-honing" of man can lead, at very best, to what the Prince of Light one day found himself doing: hearing the words of the God of the Ages: "I have no room here for you."
That once-great prince suddenly was called an ugly red dragon. His "tail" now drew down to earth, no longer commanded and inspired up to heaven, where he wanted to reign as God. And now it was only a third of the celestial beings.
Would I follow the voice of one who offers me "irresistible bargains" that may be "attractive lies," spend time listening to them? To this day, there are many scams on the Internet offering rock-bottom bargains available for a "limited time only" that scientists and researchers have only recently discovered and is sure to turn the world upside down, yet they'll steal your personal data as well as sell it to other companies; profit ludicrously from any income possible; and use the law's power to strip the poor and weak of property-security-health for personal gain.
Or, harder to recognize as disguises to pride would be the great evangelistic outreaches and global organizations that will put its leaders' names in lights at the head of millions--what burning witness wouldn't want to make a difference?
OR will I follow the voice of One Who says "Come Up Higher"? It is not shiny, glittery; does NOT offer instant gratification and fun trinkets. But resulting from this way will be a genuine, powerful walk, a satisfying love-relationship that nothing can take away and can see things in a perspective no one else in the world gets.
In the Old Testament, they were called prophets, who heard the voice of God in ways the world just didn't get; and they were always a little out of step, a little unusual. John the Baptist was called the last Old Testament prophet -- he was, I guess you could say, more than a little unusual: he wore animal skins and ate locust, lived in the wilderness, baptized people, and preached the repentance of sins, proclaiming, "Behold the Lamb of God!"
GREAT GECKO?
"and did cast them to earth;" (Rev. 12:4)
...that was the action of the tail of the great red dragon, wasn't it? It seems, as I have been working on this writing in Japanese, he is wrapping his tail around it and trying to cast it to earth and saying it is of naught -- go onto something else. Father, what would YOU have me to do? If it is the same -- if the red dragon is mimicking those actions to deceive me because he knows I will not do what I detect he wants me to do, altho' he knows it is actually also what You desire --well, THAT too, I will do, NOT because he desires it, but because YOU do -- his tail-flipping means about as much as a gecko's twitching (God, protect me; He Is Angry!)
If he is now just a gecko in God's eyes, what...on earth...am I? Yes, we humans are no more than mere mites at best.
How comical that these tiny things would raise faces to God and dare demand audience with Him! Commoners don't do that in the courts of the Queen, lest her guards escort them from the premises at best, have them shot at worst. We think we can expect God to give us explanation for His dealings with us.
(Incidentally, altho' the fallen dragon may be a gecko in God's eyes, even the gecko is a terrible deathly foe to the mite.)