Sep 14, 2026

Rev. 11:17 HEAVY-HITTER SACRIFICE

June 26, 2026

"because thou hast taken unto thee thy great power, and hast reigned." (Rev. 11:17)

Babe Ruth has ruled the baseball diamond since the invention of the sport, and what's more, altho' he had the ability to whack the ball clean out of the park, IF NECESSARY, HE WOULD SACRIFICE to bring someone Home. There was hardly anyone better to send into the batter's box.

To those who might not be acquainted with baseball terminology, a quick explanation: usually, a good player, would simply hit the ball hard when it was his turn to bat. Rarely would he let himself look bad for the sake of a teammate, but apparently, Babe Ruth did this.

On the Cross, Jesus had the authority to call 10,000 angels and show everyone He was God. But He sacrificed Himself for my sake, that I would be able to get to Heaven. It didn't make any difference that He didn't look good and people would say He was weak and helpless against those who nailed him to the Cross. Jesus has the power. 

Something else God tried to tell me:

"That's my grandson." a proud grandmother at a little league game beamed at the achievement of a boy on the grounds. SHE KNOWS HIM PERSONALLY--HE IS FAMILY.  "Let not the wise, the rich, the mighty boast; but even the weakest person can boast: I know Him - He's my Father! (Jer.9:23,24)

It doesn't really matter how weak and insignificant a person feels; if he's been adopted into God's family, "JESUS is BIG BROTHER"! I'm playing on HIS team (A lot of us assume God is playing on our side instead of asking to play on God's side). HE can hit ANY BALL out of the park OR sacrifice without a moment of hesitation for me, if it becomes necessary! 

Babe Ruth ruled the baseball diamond, maybe. Jesus has reigned as King of the Universe!

(Daddy played a lot of baseball when he was younger, did a lot of coaching too. I found a photo of him in 1948 but hoped I could post it without all my readers forgetting the rest of the post. I'm sure Daddy would be saddened if he thought a photo of his own baseball years, instead of furthering God's truth, lessened interest in it! That won't happen, will it?)