Sep 12, 2026

Rev. 11:14 AS LONG AS WE WANT

 June 17, 2026

"The second woe is past," (Rev. 11:14)

God has laid out things in our lives for our learning, and we can decide to take as long as we want to learn them or choose to get out of uncomfortable situations more quickly perhaps by being willing to swallow them completely. I usually do not like the humiliation of utter surrender and unconsciously cling to a last ditch claim to justification, vindication...and it isn't until the little monkey lets go of the bananas in his hand he can slip free of the trap...but the moment he does, his "woe is past."

Circumstances in this world may not change, but the heart can be totally emancipated from them, move free despite them. Even the monarch of the land is bound by its laws -- King Herod cowed to his advisors; and Ahaseurus got rid of his wife; Darius was strongarmed to send a dear friend to a lion's den. But a simple prophet boldly followed the instructions of his God, period! It didn't matter to him if he were defamed, removed from his post (actually, he had none to lose), or even executed, which he was -- he felt absolutely unrestrained to do what he felt he wanted to do to honor his God. His woe was past him.

* Every child of God should be able to say "There is NO CONDEMNATION that can hold me down -- my woe is past!" Do I live like it? -- or --

"and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly." (11:14b)

Am I too busy looking past what I could be living like today by worrying about what I'll be facing tomorrow? Shouldn't I be facing  tomorrow's trials with tomorrow's grace, and TODAY'S walk should be lived in TODAY'S GRACE? O Lord, help me to do so.