Sep 24, 2026

Rev. 11:6 POWER...REALLY

"These have power to shut heaven" (Rev. 11:6)

I realized altho' people make much ado about the power of the two witnesses -- and they are very real -- you can look back at verse 3 and see the power has been given them by God Himself. It's not as if THEY were powerful beings who came before God and offered themselves to God for His service! GOD gave them that power, good grief!

I would find it ludicrous if any of the animated creatures I wrote fictional stories about came before me and bragged to me of their virtues -- I had, after all, thought them up and written them into existence -- no human creature can really think he is embued with power somehow on his own, and it's completely separate of the Creator's fashioning him to make him that way! As a matter of fact, much less than the power to work miracles, even the very ability to take the very next breath, for the brain waves to move and electrical impulses to vibrate through nerves -- GOD CONTROLS THAT.

It'd be like the Six Ravens of Iwatsuki Park (Midnight, Arrow, Necktie, Stealth, Einstein, and Leonard) I wrote stories about cawing among themselves about what great birds they are...apart from the author who thought up their personalities, wrote about the black iridescence of their wings, the very fact they could fly, or even the fact that Necktie and Arrow were still alive altho' their parents had been killed. Special friendship between two crows in Iwatsuki and Koriyama resulting from the 2011 earthquake...did the birds really really think they managed that, or June wrote about it, so it all happened?

The way people talk, their appearance and abilities, whether they're even alive or not, what happens in various circumstances and relationships...does man really really think he is the captain of his soul?