I started into prayer this morning with, "O Lord, today, please help me to think, not of what others think of me, but what they think of You, and..."
"Shhhhh." It was like God put a finger up to my chatterbox lips.
"Huh? Well, right. What YOU think of me is the most impor..."
"Shhh," He put that finger there again.
"Wh? Lord?"
"Sh." That finger, and a look that said, "Stop. Stop and just hold still."
And God pulled me into an embrace that let me know I needed to start off the day knowing just how much He loved me.
That embrace--I've decided to start all my Garden Times that way, just resting in the arms of the Lord. Oh that all other human beings would be able to "start" every day like this And Lord, remind me that You're a "Huggy God" too, how it would bring pleasure to Your heart and immeasurable joy to mine too--to look up to You during the day for another quick squeeze. I'll call it my "heart massage"--all through the day.