Nov 19, 2025

I'D COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS ONE

I'd completely forgotten about this one until I saw it this morning,/perhaps because it isn't really poetry:

Others cannot be attracted to Our lives/ But they can be drawn by Thy Life which they see in me.

All that I find precious--because God loves me--/ Is of dear concern to His heart, too./ And He will let no harm come to them that would damage my heart.

I hear the rolling thunder and feel secure/ Because that is the power protecting me! Nothing can harm me!

I cannot shrink from others if/ That is the power engulfing me--and reaching out to them thru' me.

I cannot fear what others think of me if/ Who I am is no longer relevant; it is what others think of Christ.

Even the sin habit so coloring my own heart/ Cannot dismay me when I know that/ Because Christ lives in me, all His strength and goodness are mine too.

-Feb, 2001