”Strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die;" (Rev. 3:2)
I was taking a walk right after the rainstorm let up, looking for blooms that might've survived the horrible pelting.
A little yellow flower near the wooden bridge had been spared most of the rain. But it was apparent the terrible dry spell right before the rain had nearly killed it anyway, as could be seen by some of the translucent bare spots. Clearly, it had been ready to curl up into a yellow wrinkle and die. But moisture from the thundershower had seeped back into its veins, and the movement I detected was the unfurling petals of a charming golden star on a dark green canopy.
God is so very kind, I remember thinking to myself, one little flower, and He made sure it got the water it needed. There was another evening and other flowers that came to memory. It wasn't the flowers' needs then, but mine...and my sister Joyce's.
I don't remember much of anything. We walked into the house; I think we locked the door; and fell asleep (I was on the floor). We'd brought home some potted flowers and set them down at the end table. I realized when waking up its reflective quality had been like a night light for us, dead to the world for hours.
Little wilted flower after a thundershower or two exhausted females after a funeral...it's so good to know our Heavenly Father never slumbers nor sleeps; and He gives us extra grace to pass on strength to others!