Aug 25, 2026

REVELATION. 2:5 CANDLESTICK

Think back on what you once were, and unless there is a clear repentance and heart-regaining of what you lost, "I will come unto you quickly, and will remove your candlestick out of its place," (Rev. 2:5) the church at Ephesus was admonished.

I suppose that can sound rather threatening. But I found wee bits of comfort in even those words. After all...

I don't think there's one Christian out there who has felt like he cannot make a difference in a big, cruel world. What's just one candle, right? But I pictured the Owner of this flaming stick holding it with one hand and protectively cradling it, with the other, from the draft. It got me all woozy. That's how our Heavenly Father feels about His candles!

Also...I've heard that the way the Churches are spoken to here shows how God the Father sees His children, about how He affirms positives before criticizing negatives. But it would do well to notice He took time out to talk to His Bride in chapters 2 and 3, before the rest of the book of Revelation. What does that tell us about the priority He gives Family?