Aug 26, 2026

Rev. 4:4 ONE-UPPING GOD? I NEVER! ...DO I? --journaled:

 "Round about the throne were four and twenty seats, and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment" (Rev. 4:4)

Aug. 26, 2024:  Not actually "four and twenty elders", but Father, Thank You for such a wonderful, wonderful treat!

I went down to MCC yesterday. I'm coming to see God doesn't want us trying to improve on His arrangements, to "make things better." I'm such a perfectionist and also have this bad one-up-on-you tendency, horrify myself to find myself doing it by habit to God too!

Do it better than God?!

I don't say so, even mentally, but that's what it is, when I think well, maybe I'll just change this or wear that or go this way because it's faster or start earlier or make it safer for myself by doing such-and-so...and another leetle voice whispers, "Wouldn't God be pleased with me for the earnestness and wisdom and maturity I am displaying?" when it's really immature lust being allowed to be lured away by demons of distrustful thoughts? moooo.

At least the mother cows pulled the cart of the Israelites' ark back to the tribe away from the Philistines' camp. They knew better than to give first thought to lying natural instincts--even that of staying with their young! (I'm referring to the I Sam. 6 incident.)